Apps for Independent Schools
With parental engagement, Independent schools face the same challenges as others these days, needing to keep parents informed, in an age when many people now run their lives ‘online‘ with their phones.
As well as providing a convenient and efficient method of sharing all the exciting activities that happen in your school, having your own dedicated app available to download, provides added value to parents. Mention your school’s app on an Open Day and it helps parents perceive your school as progressive and embracing the latest technology.
Using an app means you can also rationalise the way you communicate with the parents. If they know your app is the ‘one-stop shop’ for everything that’s happening at school, it will mean administration time is cut and less calls to the school office.
No more “Where’s the game on Saturday?” calls to the office as parents have the information to hand, wherever they are
As part of the enriched education Independent schools offer, parents will need to know the details of the many events and fixtures in the school calendar, when they’ll take place and what the children will need to bring along to school – wellies, football kit, etc. Being able to access that information, just when they think of it, results in the children being better prepared for lessons, games or trips.
With our ‘invited users’ feature every parent receives an email to let them know the school now has an app which they can download and login to. You know who has access to the app at all times, which addresses any concerns you may have over safeguarding.
Bespoke development available
While we believe our app offers amazing functionality in its standard form, if there are any specific additional features you would like included, please get in touch. We’re always interested in discussing further development.
Benefits for independent schools
- A simple channel of communication for parents, carers and students.
- Free push notification messages replace costly text packages and can save thousands of pounds a year.
- Message groups (classes, teams, trips etc.) And our private group message feature means you can even keep staff in the loop.
- Rationalise your communication methods to reduce administration time.
- Having your own app in the stores becomes part of your marketing package to parents
- Having an app sends out a positive message that your school is up to speed with the latest technology.
- Fully GDPR compliant