As a parent or carer with a child at school we know it can be difficult to keep up. Notes and letters stuck to the fridge door (if they even make it home), texts, emails buried in your inbox and the school calendar on the website – it’s all over the place frankly. If only there was a single place for all this information, presented in a way that was accessible wherever you are.
Well now there is – on mySchoolApp! Most of us have smartphones, in fact, many of us now run our lives on our phones, so why shouldn’t your child’s school information be on your phone too?
If you think that mySchoolApp would help you and other parents by having instant access to the school’s calendar, letters home, push notes, image gallery and the latest school news – all available on your phone, then please get in touch with the school or PTA (School Council in Scotland).
Ask them to check out this site and suggest they take a free 14-day free trial. Maybe you could be part of a trial group to report back on how useful you find it.
Alternatively, get in touch with us using the form below and we’ll approach the school to let them know it’s something that parents are interested in.
Benefits for parents
- Instant access to an up-to-date school calendar – add events of interest to your own calendar on the phone, with just one tap on the screen.
- Keep up-to-date with what is happening at the school, wherever you are.
- Read bite-sized news items as they’re added.
- View pictures in the school’s image gallery.
- Report your child’s absence to the school with the app*.
- Direct contact links to the school – one touch dialling / email.
- Receive important messages and helpful reminders sent by the school.
* Available only if the school has enabled this feature