Terms & Conditions – End user
Before you use the app
The mySchoolApp platform is provided by Sentio Media Limited. Please read and accept these End User Terms and Conditions to use the mySchoolApp platform. You should also read our standard Terms and Conditions.
Part A – Using the app
You can use mySchoolApp to:
- View all of your subscribed school information and related detail in one place – including news, events, contact information and any other detail that your subscribed school chooses to publish.
- Notify your subscribed school of absences
- Translate the news and event detail published by your subscribed school
- Contact your subscribed school via their published contact information
Who can use mySchoolApp?
• You must be aged 16 or over and have valid reason to subscribe to a school using the mySchoolApp platform. If we need to, we can refuse to register you for the use of mySchoolApp and/or limit how you use it
The devices it works on
• At the moment, the app works: on Android 4.1 or above and iOS 10.0 or later (we update these regularly). There are different features depending on your phone or tablet, operating system or version of the app you have.
What does it cost?
• There is no charge for downloading mySchoolApp to your smartphone.
• Your internet or network service provider may charge you for using data on your smartphone or tablet
How to register.
Step 1: Check that your school has subscribed to the mySchoolApp platform.
Step 2: You’ll need to download the app to your phone or tablet. Search for ‘mySchoolApp’ in the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Don’t download it from anywhere else
Step 3: Read and accept the terms and conditions in the mobile app
Step 4: Complete the registration process
Conditions for using the app
Using the app in the right way
- Only use the app to view your subscribed school information or communicate using the options available in-app
- Information relating to Children: You commit that, where mySchoolApp is being used to provide any form of absence notification or consent/permission to the school in relation to a child that: (a) you are the legal guardian of that child; and (b) you are entitled to provide such consent or permission.
- Don’t use the app to upload or communicate inappropriate or illegal images or content that breaches the rights of others
- Don’t attempt to make any income directly from using the app
- Don’t use the app to do anything illegal
- Don’t use the app in a way that could damage it or stop it from working or affect our systems or other users – for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code into the mySchoolApp app or iOS, Android or other operating systems
- Don’t collect any information or data from mySchoolApp or our systems or try to read any messages or information not meant for you
- Make sure you obey any laws that apply to you in any place you use the app
Information about you
Keeping us informed
If your account details or any other information about you changes, tell us straightaway.
How you must protect your information
- mySchoolApp gives you access to your subscribed school information, so you need to make sure you don’t allow anyone to log into your account through the app
- Always keep your phone or tablet secure and close mySchoolApp if you’re not using it. Don’t let anyone see your PIN if you are viewing it on your app
- Push Notifications which will appear on the locked screen of your mobile device unless you change its settings
- Some devices allow you to use your fingerprint or Face ID for logging into the app. If you enable this feature, then anyone whose fingerprint or Face ID is registered on your phone or tablet may be able to log into the app and access your account. Therefore, you must not activate this feature if you allow other people to access your phone or tablet using their fingerprint or Face ID. You should delete any other fingerprints or Face ID registered on the device first; otherwise, transactions made by anyone else who has their fingerprint or Face ID registered on the device will be treated as being authorised by you
- Don’t install or use the app on a jail-broken or rooted device. These have had their security features changed in order to work, which makes them less secure, and means that fraudsters could access your phone or tablet and steal your information
- You should always consider the implications of sharing your security credentials and your personal information. If you suspect that anyone else knows them, contact us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org
If someone wants to know your security details
We won’t ever phone you or send you an email asking for your security details. Nor will we ever ask anybody to do this for us. If anyone contacts you asking for your security details, they may be a fraudster. Tell us immediately on +44 (0) 1908 336555 or Email email@example.com
How the app accesses information about you
- If you use certain features (like making phone calls or Emails from the app), the app will need to access information on your phone or tablet to work. You can limit this for some features, for example by turning off permissions for phone access on your phone or not using the features.
- If you enable push notifications in your device settings, we will send you notifications in accordance with the applicable OS (iOS/Android) End User Licence Agreement
- If we can, we’ll ask you before the app accesses your device or information – and you can decline
- You can manage how the app accesses your device or information using privacy settings on your iPhone or iPad, or by uninstalling the app (for Android). You can also do it through the usage settings in the app’s menu
- If you don’t do this, we’ll assume you agree that the app can access your device or information
- When you use any part of the app which needs your location to work, you agree that we (and other organisations that work with us) can collect and use information about your location
What else you need to know
Changes to mySchoolApp and our terms and conditions
- If we need to change anything about mySchoolApp, we’ll tell you about the change in advance (if it negatively affects how you use the app) or we’ll tell you after we make the change (if it benefits you or doesn’t affect how you use the app). We’ll send an alert or display a message about the change when you next use the app or log into our website. If there’s anything we need you to agree we might ask you to read and accept a message on your screen to continue using the app
- From time to time, we may update the app through the app store. Depending on what the update is, you may not be able to use the app until you’ve installed the latest version and accepted the new information about it. We’ll let you know via your phone or tablet when there’s a new version to upload
- Content from your subscribed school/association: You acknowledge that Sentio Media provides the infrastructure which powers mySchoolApp. Sentio Media have no responsibility for the content which is uploaded to and displayed on the mySchoolApp platform. All such content (including, without limitation, news stories, calendar events, letters, documents, messages) is provided by the school that have purchased and subscribed to the app. Therefore, Sentio Media is not liable for any of the content on mySchoolApp, nor for the accuracy or for any reliance placed upon the content provided via mySchoolApp.
- From time to time, we may contact you about mySchoolApp by email, text or other messages on mySchoolApp, or by telephone or post
- Sometimes, these may be marketing messages. If you don’t want to receive them, you can tell us at any time by contacting us on our normal contact number. You can also follow any other instructions we include to unsubscribe to marketing messages
- All other information presented to you in any form using mySchoolApp will be via your subscribed school.
If things go wrong
If something goes wrong and it’s our fault, we will always do our best to support and ensure that your access to mySchoolApp is unaffected for as little time as possible as per our general terms and conditions.
There are some things that we’re not responsible for because they’re out of our control or they relate to how your phone or tablet works. So we can’t be responsible if:
- Any information published within the app by your subscribed school is incorrect
- You cannot access the app for any reason or it’s slow
- Any device, hardware or software you use with the app is damaged or corrupted or doesn’t work
- The app doesn’t work as you expect, doesn’t meet your requirements or contains errors or defects that we don’t correct
- You don’t receive a Push Notification alert from the app in time
- We’re prevented from providing any service in part or in full because of something a third party does
Warranties & Liabilities
- Sentio Media Limited is not responsible for any content delivered or the Products made available to purchase via mySchoolApp. All content is created by the school/club using our services and Products are the responsibility of the school/club, relevant vendor or manufacturer as appropriate.
- Sentio Media Limited does not make any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information, Products or services found or offered on mySchoolApp. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Sentio Media Limited shall not be responsible to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for incidental, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage, any loss of profit (direct or indirect), third party claims, pure economic loss arising out of or in connection of the performance or non-performance of our obligations under these terms and conditions including such damage as may be reasonably foreseeable at the date you order the Product.
- Sentio Media Limited will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control.
- All intellectual property rights (including use of trade marks) shall be solely owned by us. You are permitted only to use material on this website/mobile app as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
- Sentio Media Limited are the operators of this website/mobile app, and the contents of it are either our property (or that of our School/Club customers). We are the owners of the compilation of information in this website/mobile app.
- Sentio Media Limited’s rights are protected by UK, European, and International intellectual property laws, including those for the protection of copyrights, trademarks, and database rights. Misuse of this website may incur civil liability or attract criminal sanctions.
- Sentio Media Limited grant you a limited, non-exclusive and revocable licence to access our website for the purposes of viewing information and/or making payments for goods or services from School/Club or obtaining School/Club derived messages and alerts or contact information for us.
- Your licence to access our website/mobile app does not extend to any commercial use of our website/mobile app, or to any use of our website/mobile app whatsoever which is for the benefit of any commercial entity other than us.
- You are expressly not permitted to download any part of our site/app (other than by reason of automatic page caching), to amend or modify it or any part of it, to reproduce or copy, sell (including any resale), or otherwise exploit our website/mobile app (or any part of it) for any purpose other than as set out above, nor are you permitted to frame our website/mobile app or to link to any element of it other than the homepage.
- A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- Sentio Media Limited may assign or transfer any of our rights or sub contract any of our obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party.
- You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or sub contract any of your obligations under these terms and conditions except with our specific permission in writing
- Sentio Media Limited reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and any such changes will be communicated via our website and mobile app.
- These terms and conditions govern the entire relationship between you and Sentio Media Limited and will remain in force for the duration of our relationship.
- These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous Terms and Conditions, representations, undertakings and agreements.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Other things you need to know
If you’re unhappy with something
If you’re unhappy with mySchoolApp or feel we have done something wrong, please contact us and give us the opportunity to investigate and resolve the matter. This also helps improve our service for all customers. You can get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Sentio Media are not responsible for any content published using the mySchoolApp platform. If you are unhappy with any of the information published on the mySchoolApp platform, please refer this feedback directly to the school you have subscribed to.
Third-party software and copyrighted material
mySchoolApp uses and includes third-party software and copyrighted material. It’s also subject to third-party or other open-source licences.