Apps for Further Education Colleges
The gap between a further education college and parents can be a wide one – as students often feel parents don’t need to know much about what’s happening when they’re not at home. But at such an important time in their education, communication with parents is vital.
The college calendar can be easily accessible, so vital exam dates can be checked at a glance. And, with so many families to keep in touch with, free push notifications help to keep costs down for the college, and ensure that messages get through – and because it works on smartphones, the students will probably use it too.
We know that budgets are tighter than ever, but choosing to improve communication with a mobile app doesn’t mean you can’t actually save money at the same time. In fact, over 60% of our customers have already cut the costs of text messaging – with a further 20% planning to review when their text contract is due for renewal.
If there’s one thing that’s as hard to find as money in schools and colleges, it’s time. Working smart and efficiently is essential, that’s why we’ve made it clear and easy for administrators to add and edit content for their college app. And, as it’s web-based, it can be done whenever and wherever you have internet access (it’s even possible to send a push note from a coach that’s delayed in traffic).
Benefits for further education colleges
- A simple channel of communication for parents, carers and students.
- Free push notification messages replace costly text packages and can save thousands of pounds a year.
- Message groups (classes, teams, trips etc.) And our private group message feature means you can even keep staff in the loop.
- Rationalise your communication methods to reduce administration time.
- Engage with your students via the device that is with them 24/7.
- Having an app sends out a positive message that your college is up to speed with the latest technology.